Pregnancy Ticker

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Gastro

Ugggghhh! Come on! Catch me a break already! Of the 120 plus hours that I've know that I've been pregnant, I've had the luxury of feeling relaxed and excited for less than 48 of them. 

Google, for the record, when you search my blog this post is all about being 4 weeks pregnant with gastro. You know, seeing you suck at providing really good answers when I've looked.  -glare-

So, we went to this BBQ yesterday. I didn't have much to eat because I hadn't brushed up on my pregnancy safe foods but I left feeling disproportionately full. As the evening wore on I felt worse and worse and by the time I got to bed I was virtually sitting upright because I felt so full and sick.  The cold shivers were passing through me and I knew it wasn't good.  Midnight after a lot of rumbling, the diarrhoea started. Not just a little squirty. My butt had transformed into a human faucet. Goodness knows how I haven't died of dehydration from the amount of plain old water that left my body.

Cap it all off DS was waking again and again and again. I wanted to help DH but I felt too sick and was afraid if I tried I'd do an adult #3 all over the place. :-(

Feeling better today and able to retain some water and dry bikkies without feeling pukey.  Of course though, I am freaking out.  As my gastro symptoms were taking off I noticed my boobs were getting less and less sore. My cramping stopped and the morning sick kind of feel was replaced by plain old sick.  Today I've been squeezing my poor boobs like stress balls and they are still barely sore.  I've had a bit of burning and what not on the side I think I implanted on but now not convinced it just isn't my bowel practicing waterworks.  Not much in the way of morning sickness and also afraid the tympanic temp I took this morning wasn't high enough.  The only thing keeping me going is that my OB reckons gastro is going around and it rarely affects pregnancy.  That and my cervix has the distinct, high, swollen feeling that has only ever happened in pregnancy.

I've been banned from POAS or temping and so much tempted to break the ban...

What I'm scared about it that I had some swiss cheese off a platter on Thursday afternoon.  I didn't touch the cold meats but noone I've spoken to had the cheese. Noone else is sick with anything I've eaten from that point forward. But noone else I've spken to had the cheese either. What if it's listeria or salmonella??? 

I remember last time there were days when I'd wake up feeling normal.  I'd give it 24 hours and things were fine again but the timing with this bug/whatever it is has me a little bit stressed. 

I really despite the first few weeks.  It's all about symptom and toilet paper watch.  At least after my first ultrasound I can go in as many times as I darn well want to because the baby will be big enough to be seen.  I suspect this is going to be a long three weeks....

So...what's doing with the rest of you?

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better. You definitely need some R&R. Talk about a roller coaster ride.
    Because your symptoms are easing im sure you don't have any type of serious food poisoning (salmonella usually lasts over 72 hours).
    Just keep those fluids up and try and rest. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl get some rest and make sure to drink LOTS of liquids! Stay hydrated!! Get as much sleep as possible and let your body get all of the virus out. Sounds like food poisining to me - possibly call your Dr and ask if there is anything you can do to help control it? Best of luck lady! :) Hope you get to feeling better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup you need rest and lots of water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds horrible!! I read this before I went to a baby shower today and then I was so afraid of eating the food at the shower! Agree with the other ladies - tons of water and as much rest as you can get!! I hope you feel better really soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! :-D