Pregnancy Ticker

Monday, June 18, 2012

4w2d - What It Was Like Last Time

I will enjoy this pregnancy.

I will enjoy this pregnancy.

I will enjoy this pregnancy.

I WILL enjoy this pregnancy.

I booked in for my seven week scan today.  I have exactly three weeks until I can see what's going on inside and I can hassle my OB for an ultrasound ever time a freak out thereafter.

I will enjoy this pregnancy.

Pregnancy paranoia.  It's ridiculous.  I can look at Steph's blog and go "Yep! Everything is sweet there because of ten different reasons" and yet I look at myself and I worry like crazy.  Three more weeks. 

I'm feeling much better tonight.  Only had one lot of diarrhoea this morning and nothing else today and the gurgling belly things have wound down a lot. MIL kept DS with her all day and I've had an extra two opportunities to sleep and just generally rest. 

My pregnancy symptoms seem to be coming back (thank goodness).  A little bit of morning sickness sporadically. Some cramping tonight.  Boobs are just that little bit deeply tender.  Cervix is still closed and weird. No signs of spotting and my pee stick is much darker now.  (Yeah I broke the ban for my own sanity).   I am returning to the belief that it is all actually ok. 

I went back to my old blog...way back to my first posts when I found out I was pregnant.  I was so deliriously happy.  It was unreal. I wasn't quite as informative as I would have liked for the purpose of symptomatic prosperity but I got enough to know that by five days after my first positive, the cramping had eased and was only on and off and largely due to the luteal cysts I had.  Fortunately, that all adds up time wise and like last time, night time seems to be when the cramps turn up.

I got the giggles reading some of the things that I wrote: "It is early days but wow. We did it. His sperm, met my egg, it travelled down and implanted in MY UTERUS and started making HCG."  and "Even with my dodgy phone camera you can see that pink line, clear as day!  I keep looking at it and I am in awe. Those two lines came from MY pee. Unreal!!! That is just amazing and I am so excited!! "

There was a whole lot of paranoia going on in the background there. I was POAS every second day for ages.  FRER, ICs and even OPKs.  This was my collection...minus two digitals and one or two ICs.


The sad part, I still have all of them in a FR test box in my top bedside table drawer....

2 comments:

  1. I suddenly feel less crazy for hanging on to my first HPT! :) I can't believe you still have ALL of them! DH things its weird that I keep a stick with my urine on it in my bedside table. The digital ones are disappointing because they turn off after 24 hours or I would have kept it too!

    Also can completely relate to the comments from you last blog, particularly the "we did it" and "those lines came from my pee"! lol. So crazy to think about how it happens and that it actually works. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry. You will enjoy this pregnancy. =)
    Your body's just putting you through the works now to toughen you up. Things can only look up from here.
    And by your trip down memory lane. I hope they are. Because strewth, sounds like a mighty big trip! Adorable that you kept them. I reckon i will too because i know when I conceive for the first time I wont want to let the memory go.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! :-D