Pregnancy Ticker

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

4w4d - Pregnancy Immunocompromise

I felt better this morning.  Psychologically.  Less stressed about the pregnancy. No need to pee on a stick or do a cervix check etc.  When I got to this point lass pregnancy the test line was darker than the control. So, I POAS out of curiosity and...




It's definitely started to get darker than the control. In another two days it should be glaring.  :-)

I've spent the day cleaning the house will DS was of at the ILs for the day.  Feeling much nicer with a clean house now. Feeling pretty tired though and unfortunately, I'm on track for a cold.  Cause you know...I have only just woken up today without a mass of diarrhoea to follow.  Last time the recurrent illnesses didn't kick in until the second trimester.  Seems I will be granted this fun earlier this time. 

It doesn't bother me too much TBH except for the fact that I'm back to work tomorrow.  Hard to treat people who most of the time aren't as sick as you are! LOL!  The bigger thing is not being able to smash it with codral and "soldier on".  I wonder just how long I'll be able to stick it out on road.  Fortunately I've got a good bank of sick leave but that won't pay the bills well.

I tried on my skinny work pants and they are tight already.  I've noticed I've got pooch.  My abs have split again quickly so I don't think I'm going to be doing bump jealousy this time around.  Last pregnancy I bloated a lot and put on a lot of weight early which more account for my busting out of skinny pants at 7 weeks and normal work pants at 12 weeks.  Guess we will see what happens!

So. Tired.

3 comments:

  1. You have made me want to pee on another stick and clean my house! I wish the HPTs were not so darn expensive!!

    Re: the cold. My sister was telling me she read in one of those home remedy books that slicing an onion in half and placing it on your bedside table overnight helps to absorb bacteria (or whatever is causing the cold) out of the air and can help prevent cold or reduce symptoms. She's a nurse and said she found some published scientific papers supporting it. I figure it is worth a try, colds are not fun.

    I admit that I'm a little jealous you have symptoms! It's so incredibly weird not feeling anything at all. And yes, I'll probably eat my words next Monday when 6 weeks arrive and I'm talking to the big white phone for the next 2 months. Bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, it's kinda funny cause I pretty well recovered from my sore through somewhere after 2am this morning. Same happened when my gum suddenly went burko while I had gastro. Perhaps I'm mistaken and my immunity is actually quite good at the moment. I didn't get sick at all during the first trimester last time and I do remember reading somewhere that it is actually boosted in the beginning...for what reason I can't quite remember...

      Oh those symptoms aren't huge. Tiredness is the big one but while I'm at work I can't squeeze my boobs like stress balls and I barely notice the morning sickness if it all. Just don't expect the morning sickness to hit you like BANG! More liekly to be a gradual thing. Last time it didn't kick in until almost seven weeks and wound up til it his peak at nine weeks. Or you might be one of the ones who don't get any at all!

      Delete
  2. I can understand the pants not fitting right! I am 6 weeks today and I can def notice the tightness happening! I thought it would take longer since I Haven't been pregnant in 8 years but apparently your body never forgets!! I can tell I am pregnant! I look like I did when I found out I was pregnant with my son at 12 weeks. Banana's!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! :-D