Pregnancy Ticker

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

5w4d - Sick AGAIN

I have a runny nose. It's yucky.  Fortunately, I'm not drowning in snot but it is there and enough to remind me constantly.  So that makes all of our household sick and my third illness in two weeks. 

On the pregnancy front, the girls have been quite sore since yesterday and the morning sickness is creeping in slowly.  Symptoms just make me so happy!  LOL!  Morning sickness is the only time I'm ever really keen to feel sick as it means that all is going well.  They say that you're more likely to have a healthy pregnancy if you get morning sickness.  For me it is the next best thing to have a giant green tick on your belly to alert that everything is well.  Given the latter is impossible, I'll settle for morning sickness instead!

Nothing much further to report but finally had that feeling that things were going to be ok.  Well, at least at the first ultrasound. But that's a start.  1.5 weeks until my first appointment.  Seems like the days are just dragggging along.  This is not really helped by the fact that it is pouring with rain and I'm sick.  More reasons to stay at home rather than be out and about...  Fortunately, next week is looking pretty full  and that is when I'll need to most distraction!

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear your sick. We had that a few weeks ago and while my congestion and cough went away, the snot didn't and manifested into a painful sinus infection. Thanks to an antibiotic I'm l better now.

    Can't wait to hear about your dr appt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the natural vitamin C. Good to hear your getting more optimistic as the days go on. Look forward to hearing about your first appointment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get to feeling better soon! :) I have had a runny nose since before I found out I was pregnant, my OB said thats just part of the territory - ick. Haha. Still no morning sickness here but I didn't have it with my first pregnancy either - Thank goodness! But I have heard if you do have it then you are more likely to have a healthier pregnancy! Glad to hear you are starting to feel more comfortable with it :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! :-D