Pregnancy Ticker

Friday, June 22, 2012

5w0d - Not So Epic Boob Spike

Five weeks... This week feels like it has taken two to pass along.  This whole ovulating late and having a shorter LP means finding out so much sooner which means it takes even longer to get to the good stuff.  I was literally only 3w3d with my first positive even though technically it was four week post LMP.

Anyhow, each day that passes leaves me feeling more confident and less anxious. Symptoms were a lot less pronounced after the gastro but yesterday I started feeling some very definite mild searing pains in my boobs.  I remembered making a post about this with my first pregnancy and likened to feeling like this:


Not quite at that severity yet but definitely there and I have to say it make me feel...happy...and excited. :-)  Last time around I didn't get it until nine weeks, so much earlier this time.  That will either be because my HCG is much higher this time or because my body is in been there done that mode.

I took a bump picture this morning and I have pouch there which looks the same as what I had when I was 12 weeks last time.  I have a feeling I'm a bit bloated so will repeat it if the opportunity presents but there is some definite protrusion which is greatly exacerbated by bloating... then I look like I did at four months! LMAO! 

Made it to the gym this morning after a week of being sick.  Still not 100% but well enough to work out. Had to ditch a few exercises which weren't suitable anymore and I didn't get to work as hard as I like because my hear rate kept sky rocketing but it was a start.  Hopefully by Monday I'll be better and the heart rate will be a bit better controlled.

So, not much else to report really.  On with the waiting game and back to work tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Lol at your depiction! It illustrates your pain well.
    And I hope you'll post a bump picture when it's more pronounced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - that's an interesting depiction! My bbs don't feel quite like that yet, more like giant bruises on my chest. Glad to hear you are gaining confidence! I figure the right frame of mind is half the battle. I'm jealous of your bump. I am anxious for mine to arrive although thinking about finding a new job right now, it would probably better if it didn't pop out for a while yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boobs don't have sharp pains but they are most certainly sore! Hugs are pretty much out of the question for the next 8 months, haha! I've got the bloat going on too, its true, your body doesn't forget pregnancy and it just bounces right into it! Even with an 8 year break {like mine}. I'm really glad to hear that you are starting to feel more confident and optimistic! :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! :-D