Pregnancy Ticker

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

CD16 - A Plan of Attack

I have been dying to get on here and post but I've been a little bit stuck for time!

I went and saw my OBGYN who I affectionately title The Wonderful Dr. A. After yesterday's appointment, I remember why. After a year of battling idiots trying to get my son's issues diagnosed, it was so nice to feel totally relaxed, have all the right questions asked and come away with a clear management plan. I love this guy. We had a great catch up about everything over the last year and shared stories of sleep deprivation and the emotional fallout from a raising a reflux child. And of course there was a little bit of business in there as well. He just made it so easy!

The short of the long is that I'm starting Clomid next cycle. We will do 50mg the first time and if that doesn't clean up my cycle we will jump back up to 100mg (which is what I was on when we conceived DS). I have mixed emotions. There is always that element of "what if it doesn't work and I get through an entire script of Clomid". But the other element is excited that we are getting real. Sure it is coming about a lot earlier than I had originally planned but I am cool with that. :-)

Now for all you ladies who were hanging out for it, I did ask about the cardio/elevated body temp thing. He said it was fine so long as it wasn't sustained for hours and hours. So, my hour to hour and a half sessions are fine and non-detrimental. Realistically, that is more like 20 minutes most sessions except for kettlebell days which are closer to 50 minutes as the weight component doesn't cause me to spike. I'm glad because I really didn't want to have to kill cardio for a "maybe". At least not over the next two cycles. I've sort of prepared myself for the possibility that it may not work out until we get to the 100mg again.

At the moment I'm CD16 and my temps have broken out of the classic pattern. OPK is still not quite positive yet but should be tomorrow. DH and I are going to try and get busy tonight again. Guess we have to try on the off chance that something does come to fruition!

Funny thing happened today actually... On recommendation I went and took DS to a dude who is a chiropractor and naturopath and just one of these people who are all psychic like. Part way through the consultation he turns to me and basically declares that we will be pregnant with at least one, but possibly two quite imminently. Pretty well didn't hear a word he said after that point. -sigh- I think I want him to be right a little too much... :-o

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you that you have a plan now! Also happy to hear your doc is very supportive and easy to talk to. That's an important quality for someone who is taking care of your health. Good luck with your efforts this cycle! What a fantastic surprise it would be if you wer successful before you start on clomid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thats awesome, about the psychic! Love getting those type of moments!! :) Best of luck this cycle - you have an optimistic attitude and I think it could really happen for you!! Fingers & Toes crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! :-D