Pregnancy Ticker

Thursday, May 3, 2012

CD14 - Positive OPK!

Wooooooooo!  Okay so yesterday my OPK was still not positive but I was very obviously fertile with some nice EWCM.  (Actually had a lot of it over the previous two days. Really nice consistency. Think the green tea has been doing some good). I didn't feel like I was fully there but didn't want to risk it. We got busy with a little bit of the drink.  DH finished, hips up and crashed. Didn't lose a drop until I woke up at 1am to pee.  Sooo hoping we got some little buggers up there.  Today, my temp was high...more in the post ovulatory range but not quite.  Not sure if it was from the 1am wake up or what but when I got up, I KNEW that I was peaking. Sure enough, blindly, dark, obvious positive that came up as soon as the pee hit the spot.  I'm bloaty and crampy and achy...So it is happening or has happened today. Temp tomorrow should hopefully confirm.  But guess what!? I have NEVER had a positive OPK on CD14!  I'm like a normal person!!  Wow! Wow! Wow!  So now I get to see what my body does with my luteal phase.

I had a bit of a random thought today though.  Sperm are made in the testicles which are kept away from the body so they done overheat. Then they get stuck in the body and hang in the fallopian tubes.  But what if I do what I did this morning and run through a wicked work out.  My body gets HOT.  Have I just killed them all???  I can't seem to get an answer from Google in reference to the female factor.  I know temp doesn't affect implantation cause I was going nuts when I conceived DS. But, we DTD the morning after ovulation... Think next cycle I will try to abstain from the workout and see what happens. 

So I can accept I'm probably not going to get pregnant this time and it will give me a good chance to see what my body is doing. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I often wonder the same thing about overheating the sperm in the female body. It does make sense I guess. But if you find any information about working out during ovulation and how it relates to sperm, please let me know. I know that I stopped having super hot baths which also causes my body to get really hot. Seems like everyday I am learning about something else I shouldn't do while TTC. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I remember I'm going to take our ear thermometer to the gym and measure up right after a workout. I think even if I read otherwise, I wouldn't believe until I'd seen it for myself! I did try after a hot shower this morning and I came back quite cold.. More so then when I woke this morning!?

      Delete

Talk to me! :-D