Pregnancy Ticker

Friday, July 27, 2012

10w0d

I thought I was somewhat overdue an update.  Probably left this a bit late today as I'm sure DS will wake up at any second.

Been a long few weeks. The nausea has been quite intense and I've been literally run around in culinary circles with food cravings and aversions.  I managed to escape my last cold without ABs but have had another bout of gastro in between.  I've been exhausted so DS' nap time has been nap time for me.  Total time and motivation for blogging has not totalled anything.

I'm starting to feel better.  The nausea is less dominating, cravings infrequent and aversions calming down.  The aftertaste still lingers but I am beginning to feel like I'm coming out the other side.  I have another ultrasound Monday. I had thought I would have really needed it by now but not so much. My symptoms have been so pronounced that I haven't had much opportunity to lose confidence in what's going on.  I'd happily wait til the nuchal even though they haven't booked me in until 13 weeks.  It is actually funny to think that 12 weeks is only 2 weeks away.

Anyhow, this is my little person from the 7 week ultrasound:


My uterus is still a little retroverted and he had trouble getting a good view abdominal but I have to say this is much clearer than the jelly baby image I got from a transvaginal ultrasound in my last pregnancy!  You can see s/he is curled inward toward the left hand side with little head and body bits.  Looks pretty much like the sluggish pictures for 7 weeks. Perhaps not sluggish, so much as fish like.  Anyway, point being that his/her development is exactly where it should be, more than just how long s/he is!  (Although this one is measuring longer than DS was!)



At 10 weeks, I'm sporting glamorous bloat still. (Excuse the PJs and winter stuff...it's kinda cold in the morning atm).  Things haven't changed all too much in the last couple weeks except that my "belly" grows towards the end of the day where it didn't used to do so before. 

I've got a lot to do over the coming months.  My first major project is to get DS' new room painted with some new curtains and move him in ASAP.  I want him to be totally settled well before the next on arrives. There is a lot that needs to be sold or organised and I'm feeling excited and motivated about doing these things.

So the other thing is that I have to book into two hospitals.  My OB is moving to a new place a couple days after my EDD. He would like my to be his delivery experiment there so I am mentally telling myself the my EDD is actually 2 March.  I'm not sure how much thinking that will make a difference but doesn't hurt to try.  The new place is promising amazing wonderful things and if they deliver, it will be awesome.  I love the old place though.  My experience there was wonderful and I really can't fault the staff.  I was well looked after and I would have no qualms about returning there. I guess time will tell.  I will have to ask about what happens in regard to hospital excesses with the place I don't end up going.  Not keen on spending $250 on somewhere I won't go!

Anyhow, that is the abridged version of the last few weeks.  Probably not going to get a lot of time next week to update but hopefully not too far away again. 

4 comments:

  1. Glad things are going alright! Terrible hearing you're always sick, so glad to hear you're currently A ok.
    Hopefully you'll get a even better u/s pic this time
    P.s. nice PJs. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you have been feeling poorly, hopefully it will subside as you move into your second trimester. Your scan looks great, must've been so exciting to experience, I bet you can't wait for the next one. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just think - You are almost in the "Honeymoon" Phase of Pregnancy aka 2nd trimester! They say everything gets better during that time. Gets you re-rested for the 3rd Trimester. Your U/S looks great! A lot like mine did - just a little fish. :) I don't get my next ultrasound until September 14th - Seems like forever from now! Haha. Lookin' great girl, gets lots of rest! The worst is almost over!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been MIA for too long! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! :-D